How To Peel a Mango?
How to peel a mango is a most discussed subject on the internet and we’re here to share some ways and tricks, so let’s begin!
Mangoes are tropical fruits that are enjoyed all over the world. The mango skin is edible and is packed with many vitamins, fibers, and antioxidants. The mango skin has many health benefits but, it has an unpleasant taste and may contain pesticide residues if those mangoes are not carbide free which can cause allergies to some extent.
You know a mango is ready to eat when its color starts changing from the green. As mangoes ripen, they turn into yellow, orange, and in some cases red and purple as well. Mango is a versatile fruit and can be used for fruit salads, mango salsa, smoothie, pickles, jams, and many more.
They can be difficult to cut because of their thick, impenetrable skin. They are slippery and oval-shaped. Whether you are eating the mango by itself or putting it in a salad or a main course, you need to peel it with care first. Go through these steps for peeling a mango in a few minutes.
Note- Always remember to wash the mango well before you peel it. Dry the mango with a clean towel to remove the leftover bacteria.
How To Peel a Mango?
Different ways to peel a mango
You can peel mangoes using a peeler, a knife or you can use glass as well. Peeling mango using glass is not as effective as that of a peeler, but it does work.
Peeling using a peeler
It is the easiest way to peel a mango. You can use a knife to slice the skin off but there is a risk of cutting yourself as well as cutting the fruit off. The best way to peel a mango is by using a vegetable peeler. You can follow the given steps to peel a mango using a peeler.
- Hold the mango in one hand, and the peeler in the other hand.
- Maintain a strong grip on the mango and keep your fingers out of the way.
- Place the blade of the peeler against the mango skin and wiggle it back and forth to break the skin and then pull to peel the skin.
- Repeat till the entire mango is peeled.
Peeling using a glass
However, it is not an effective method as the previous one but you can use it. Follow the given steps to peel a mango using a glass:
- Use one hand to make the mango stand on its end with the stem facing up.
- Using your other hand, take a sharp knife and slice down on one side of the pit, slightly off the center.
- Repeat it on the other side of the pit as well.
- Now you will have 3 pieces of the mango, two halves and the middle part with the pit. Place one mango on top of the drinking glass which has a thin rim and then slide the mango down against the rim of the glass using it to separate the mango flesh from the glass.
- Remove the mango from the glass and repeat the same process with all the other pieces.
- By using a paring knife, cut the pit out of the middle piece and slice off any of the extra scraps so that they don’t go waste.
After the peeling is done you can cut the mango into shapes and sizes that you prefer. Think about all the benefits you could get by eating mangoes. This fruit also helps to prevent heatstroke and refreshes you. Eating mangoes are refreshing so go ahead and have your mango.